Friday, January 29, 2010

An Interesting Week!

Hello Family and Friends,

I hope and pray that everyone is doing well! Once again I want to thank all of you deeply for your prayers and support. I love and miss all of you all. I really miss my beautiful fiancĂ©e, Jamie Nicole Benedict! I also miss her cooking…haha.
******

This has been an interesting and exciting week. At the beginning of the week the teenagers started their counseling sessions. In these sessions they learned Life Skills and more about who God is. The house-moms and “mzungus” (missionaries) were allowed to come. This was a time for the teenagers to be open and ask authentic and real questions about life, sex, relationships, and God. There were more topics but these were the four main topics that were talked about. I taught the devotions in the morning and in the afternoon. The time schedule for the counseling sessions was from 10 AM – 3 PM. I talked about Creation – Christ. I can honestly tell you that the words I spoke were ALL from God! I think the one thing I am learning is that God is POWER!! This afternoon the teenagers had the opportunity to ask me questions about the Bible. O Boy, did they ever ask thought provoking questions, which is good because I have told them that I want them to start using their minds. I had trouble with three questions and here they are. Tell me your thoughts please (Of course I am going to do my homework, but I want to know what you all think.)

1. In the beginning there was Adam and Eve. They had two sons, Cain and Abel. How did Cain get a wife? Where did the wife come from?

2. Where did Africans come from? Why do people have different color skin? Is it the sun that changes the skin color?

3. Paul said in his epistles that deacons are supposed to be “husband of one wife.” Then, why does Paul talk about women were deaconess? Did Paul contradict himself?

4. Is being jealous a sin? If it is, then why does the Bible say that God is jealous for us? Does the Bible contradict itself?

Those were good questions huh? I had so much fun talking to the teens this week! The holiday break is almost over and the teenagers go back to school next week.
*******

On Wednesday I went with our pastor into the village. It was very interesting and heart moving. We talked to about seven people. The first guy that we talked to was a former Muslim, but now he told us that he is “born again!” It was very good talking to him and we invited him to the GSF chapel on Sunday. As we were heading back we talked to two women who accepted Jesus Christ as their Saviour!! How Amazing is that!!! Praise God for that!! [The most awkward moment while I was in the village - while I was talking to these women and our pastor, Michael was translating in Luganda, one of the women just flopped out her breast to breast-feed her little boy. I have never felt so awkward in my life before…haha!!! However, Praise God that these two women are truly daughters of Our King!!! We also talked to the grandmother of the first guy that we talked to (Daniel) and she wanted us to take her little grandchildren to church because she is too old to be saved. She also said that she does not sin (Of course they were talking in Luganda, but Michael translated for me). Then, when I heard that she did sin, I was like what..then I took out my Bible and read her the famous verse, “ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” She then, changed her answer to yes, I do sin, but I don’t have to be saved. This woman had so many fallacies in her thinking. All of that to say I had a great time in the village and will probably go out again to another village next Wednesday.
*****

The nurse (Julie) that was here for 6 months left earlier this afternoon, so it is just me at the guesthouse. Today has been a great day, but I find myself really drained and tired. I ask that you pray that God will continue to give me strength everyday and that He will use me! Thank you all very much for your time and prayers! I pray that God truly blesses all of you!

I Love You, Jamie! Stay strong my love!

-In Christ Alone,
Chandler

2 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Hello bro,

I just wanted to tell you that I created a sermon for my FCA (the fellowship of christian athletes). I came up with a good topic that I have been faced with; The Lord's Refuge. Here are the verses: Deutoronomy 33:27, Psalms 46:1,John 15:18, and John 16:33. We all love you!!-Jeremiah Lancaster

Jeremiah said...

Hello bro,

I just wanted to tell you that I created a sermon for my FCA (the fellowship of christian athletes). I came up with a good topic that I have been faced with; The Lord's Refuge. Here are the verses: Deutoronomy 33:27, Psalms 46:1,John 15:18, and John 16:33. We all love you!!-Jeremiah Lancaster