Saturday, February 6, 2010

"To obey or NOT to obey..."

Hello Family and Friends,

I hope and pray that everyone is doing well! I am doing alright. However, I am praising God for His never ending love and grace!
*****

Monday was the beginning of school after an almost 3 month holiday. The children went back to the GSF Primary School and some of the teenagers went back to Lord's Mead (a boarding school), and others went to another secondary school (not a boarding school). I went with the Lord's Mead students to drop them off and it was very interesting getting a look at their school. I started helping Ben (the 1 yr. intern) with computers. We were cleaning off the computers and making it ready for a new school year. I will be assisting him during his computer class, which is about 4 times a week. We have already seen two classes and it was very interesting. Ben has just been going over the very basic to computers. It has been fun. I have also been playing [soccer] with the boys from 4-5pm. That also has been fun. The other day some of the [outsiders] told me that I cannot play soccer unless [ I score]. I was like okay, let me go and score. I did not score that came but had an assit, and they said that would count. Rock it on!! Later on today, I will be going to Lord's Mead to hang out with the teenagers. I am excited to meet all of their friends and hang out with them Ugandan style. I kinda want to start a Bible study there, so please pray that God will allow that to happen.
*******

This has been a hard! It has been a hard week for everyone! From malaria (not me though) to discouraged spirits to a new missionary family transitioning to a new life in Uganda to headaches to upset stomachs to being tired and to being totally drained. Thus, this has been a really tough and hard week! This has been a very discouraging week! However, Praise God for being there for ALL of us and never leaving our side! Praise God that He is NOT a [promise breaker!]. I was sick on Sunday with a headache and an upset stomach, then on Wednesday I woke up with major back pains. I can honestly tell you that my faith has been rocked so hard. I have no idea why being here has been hard this time around. I am tired and drained! Part of me does not like what God is doing. Part of me hates going through all of this crap. However, the other part of me is trusting God that He knows exactly what He is doing! I told Jamie last night around 2:00 AM that I am learning and understanding that the [missionary life] is not as beautiful and nice as some people paint it to be. To be honest it is hard, tough, draining, discouraging, a battle, lonely, and at times sucks! I think I have seen this time around that the missionary life is not what I thought it was going to be. Last time, I was like "whoo hoo! missions rocks! let's do this!" But, this time I am the opposite way. I am not saying that I am going to be disobedient to God's command [the great commission], I am still going to be obedient. But I am thankful that Jamie and I still have more training before we go out into the world. I can say that I could not have made it this far if it wasn't for Our Abba Father!!! He is the only reason why I am still alive! He is the only reason why I get through each minute of each day! I ask you all as my brothers and sisters in Christ that you continue to pray for me. Pray that I will not give up and that I will stay strong and [FIGHT] until the end. Thank you all very much for being part of what God is doing in Uganda. You all will never know and understand how much I have appriecated your prayers and support!! Love you all! Peace.

[I am going to speaking on what justication means and what it reaally looks like tomorrow for Sunday School. Praise God that we are FREE and INNOCENT because of what Christ did for us. He was slaughtered and killed so that we can have peace with God. A peace which means that we are not God's enemies anymore! Praise His Name!!]

-In Christ Alone,
Chander

-In Christ Alo

No comments: